Spring is brighter than ever this year and I love it! After, about as much Winter as I can handle, I decided to welcome Spring in a bit early last week with some style. Yes I do feel for my friends who live in parts of the world that are still snowed in. My heart goes out to you all. I would surely have to fly South for the Winter! Anyways… my weekly trip to the market had me splurging on 4 dozen of the most amazing orange ROSES, and at 8 dollars total for all of them, I feel that it was well worth the cheerfulness they have brought to my kitchen all week.
The Pantone Spring 2013 fashion color trends are showing plenty of bright and cheerful colors. So if it’s good enough to wear… it’s definitely something that you’ll love seeing in your home this Spring too. You all know that I’m a huge lover of all things PINK but that’s not the only color I love to be surrounded by. So when I start seeing orange showing up every where I get more than a little excited! Here are a few simple ways that you can incorporate your favorite new color into your home this Spring too.
* Add some new pillows.
* Paint, or purchase, a grouping of frames a new color.
* Change out the mat boards on existing pictures.
* Wrap an art canvas in a favorite Spring printed fabric to hang on your wall.
* Mat and frame either decorative paper or fabric to hang on your wall.
* Add a new rug, in your entryway or kitchen, in a bright cheerful color.
* Paint, or purchase, a terra cotta pot in a bright color and put a houseplant in it.
* Add a few new bright colored accessories on your coffee/sofa table.
* Bright colored place mats, tablecloth or napkins in the kitchen can really make a statement.