Created a special treat today that I know you will love. I’m calling it my Carrot Orange Bread with Orange Juice Glaze.
I had some leftover oranges from last week and wanted to try something new so I created this sweet breakfast/dessert type bread. Oranges and carrots are both sweet, and the same color, so I figured it would be the perfect combination. I was right! Here’s the recipe:
Carrot Orange Bread with Orange Juice Glaze
You will need:
2 cups cake flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/3 cups sugar
1/2 oil cup (canola)
2 Tablespoons orange juice (fresh)
zest of 1 orange
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 large carrots (1 cup)
I use the Orange Glaze from my Poppyseed Muffins.
What to do now:
1. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Now add oil and sugar and stir well. Next add buttermilk, orange juice, orange zest and mix well.
2. Fold in carrots until well mixed.
3. Mix in baking powder and salt. Then stir in flour and blend well.
4. Pour batter into greased 9 x 5 loaf pan.
5. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.
6. While warm, make glaze and spoon over bread. Let glaze cool and set up before cutting and serving.
Anyone want a bite?