Continuing my adventures in creating things from old wine corks, I share with you this darling Christmas Tree Ornament that is actually a Christmas tree! You can make one too and I’ll show you how.
I’ve shared a few things before made from wine corks. Even though I don’t drink wine I have found plenty of places to purchase them in bulk so this is something that anyone can make. Here is what you need to do.
Wine Cork Christmas Tree Ornaments
3-4 wine corks
Hot glue, glue gun
Twine or ribbon for hanging
Craft paint in choice of color
Fine sheer or white glitter
1. Begin by using the serrated knife to cut the wine corks into discs. You can get 3-4 discs out of each cork depending on how thick you cut them. Cut slowly and carefully. In all, you will need 10 discs.
2. Line up your corks into a tree shape. Line up four horizontally on the bottom, and then top those with three, followed by two, and then one. The idea is to build a pyramid shape that resembles a tree.
3. Once your corks are lined up, you can begin gluing. Add some hot glue to where the sides of the corks meet. Add a dab and press, continuing this process until all of the corks are joined together.
4. Take one half of a cork and slice it in half. This will act as your tree trunk. Apply some glue to the top and press it to the bottom of your tree.
5. Once your corks are dry, dab some craft paint on them. You can use your finger, applying as little or as much paint as you wish.
6. While the paint is still wet, give it a light sprinkling with glitter.
7. Cut a length of ribbon and attach it to the back of the tree with glue.
Your wine cork Christmas tree ornament is now ready to be displayed. Make sure you also check out my Napkin Rings and Angel Ornament and tell me which ornament did you like best, Angel or Christmas Tree?