This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NorthpoleFun #CollectiveBias
Have you ever needed help with last minute gift giving? It’s not too late! I’m here to share my top 5 last minute tips on How to give a Surprise Holiday Gift.
I have a lot of Christmas traditions at my house and spontaneous surprise gift giving is one of them. Gift giving is fun but can can sometimes be confusing especially if it’s last minute so let me explain my reasons behind this idea and then share my top 5 tips on how you can give a surprise too!
Because last minute gift giving is so spontaneous for me, I’m always grateful to live in a town where our local Walmart is opened 24 hrs a day and I can shop in the middle of the night if I need to! So when I was shopping and saw this new holiday gift line called Northpole by Hallmark that came out this season, to go along with their latest Hallmark movie, it sparked my spontaneous surprise gift giving idea for this year. The line is so much fun and it had everything I needed to make the perfect surprise from the gift right down to the wrap. It had something for children of every age, including me!
I rounded the corner to find this aisle so full of Holiday Cheer that I didn’t want to leave. Seriously! My inspiration was right on the side of the box of the first thing I spotted. The words on the box of this mug said it all! I must be part elf myself because I’ve always been a gift giver by heart. I would rather buy something for someone else than myself. Have you ever felt that way? That’s it, I thought, I’m putting together a basket of cheer to deliver to my nieces and nephew. One that they can find on their doorstep, with a note straight from the Northpole!
The next thing that caught my eye were the magic snowballs! Maybe it’s because I live in the desert where real snow is rare, but these soft stuffed snowballs light up when they hit something! I’m dying over them too! Like I really wish I had a million dollars and could buy a bucket full for everyone! I’m sure that they will love having a magic snowball fight in the house! I loved the story of the Find Me Santa Snowflake and how Santa can find you no matter where you are that year. Such a fun tradition so of course I had to get the storybook and ornament that goes with the story. I actually loved the story so much that I went back and bought one for myself. Do you ever do that too? Since their mom likes to bake with them I thought that the Bake Like an Elf Kit, along with the Rolling Cookie Cutter and Sprinkle Bell would be the perfect thing for them to enjoy as a family! Baking together during the holidays is one of my favorite traditions too. Do you like to bake during the holidays too?
Once I was having fun looking and choosing, that full on gift giving feeling came over me and I put together another set of fun stuff to give away to someone I don’t even know! Does that ever happen to you? Well you can do it too with these 5 simple tips.
5 EASY WAYS TO GIVE A SURPRISE!
1. Just do it! Too many times we come up with excuses of why it’s not the perfect time or blah blah blah… I’m here to tell you that if you JUST DO IT you will never be sorry that you spontaneously decided to give a gift and make someone else smile! Don’t worry about the timing of it either. Who cares if it’s 2 weeks before your holiday or even two days after. Surprise gift giving is all about being spontaneous and authentic and wanting to give a gift and that’s all that matters. It’s not the gift itself it’s the thought of the gift that counts.
2. One stop shopping! Keep it simple. Find a store like I did that offers everything in one place. When everything from the gift to the wrapping is all together it really makes things easy and will save you time and you will actually want to do it more often then!
3. Find someone to give to! There is always someone to give to, especially during the holidays, so start looking. Family, friends, neighbors, office, teachers, church and charities. I think during the holidays that it’s great to give unexpected gifts to those that are part of your life, even if it’s in a small way, but my favorite type of Holiday Gift Giving is to charities and those in need. As long as there are gifts, there will be someone to give a gift to.
4. Wrap it up! One of the best things to do to a Surprise Holiday Gift is to wrap it up in a cute and creative way! I loved how I found so many coordinating wraps when I was out but I also love to make my own creative wraps in different ways. What does make a difference is to simply wrap it up somehow! It makes for a more thoughtful gift.
5. Delivery! This can be just as exciting as the gift itself sometimes. A Surprise Gift can be shipped far away in a bright and cheerful box that you’ve decorated yourself with stickers and markers. A Surprise Gift can be left on an office desk or house doorstep. A Surprise Gift can be secretly placed inside the unsuspecting recipients house or room or car,as long as you have the right connections to get inside. A Surprise Gift can also be hand delivered by someone you’ve hired or by a good friend who will do anything for you! You can also sometimes arrange with your local fire, police department or local church to have a special gift delivered during the holiday season. So take a minute and decide which method of delivery would be best for your situation.
BONUS – Here’s some fun FREE holiday gift tags for you to download and use to finish off your Surprise Gift Giving in style. I know how things get and you have everything ready to go and realize, at the last minute, that you need another gift tag!
It’s not the method, or timing or even the gift itself, it’s the thought of the gift that counts so besides just doing it make sure you enjoy the act of giving this holiday season. Tell me your favorite gift giving story now, because as much as I love to give gifts, I love to hear about great gift giving stories too!