Do you collect things from your travels to make into other things like I do? My Starfish Santa Ornament is one of those things. Check it out.
I love traveling to the beach. In fact I’m actually sitting here writing this up at the beach in California this week. My favorite thing to do is to collect shells when I go to the beach. I could spend hours upon hours doing just that. I also scour the local beach shops for shells to add to my collection. I always have plans to make things out of my shells, besides just displaying them, but usually I never get around to doing it. Lucky for all of you I did something this Summer. This is my latest fun shell redo. I introduce you to Starfish Santa!
Have you started thinking about decorating for Christmas yet? My fun Starfish Santa Ornament might get you in the mood to or at least make you smile!
Here’s what I did.
- Find or purchase a starfish.
- Paint it to look like whatever you want. I chose to paint it into a Santa because it had legs and arms, but you could paint a gingerbread boy or a snowflake with shimmery glitter paint or even a golden star. I use acrylic paints but there are some great paint markers that could be used too.
- Glue any embellishments on with permanent glue. I used a hot glue gun. On Starfish Santa I glued a tiny pom pom for the top of his hat.
- Glue a string or thin ribbon to the back of the starfish to use as the ornament hanger.
- Most importantly, just have some FUN!
A project like this is simple enough for even a child to do and it would be a treasure that will have you remembering your favorite trip to the beach for many years to come. Do you love collecting things from your travels too? Do you love shells like I do? Have you ever made anything with them? What do you think of Starfish Santa?